Thursday, February 10, 2011

iRun 1.2.1

Monday, 7th February 20eleven.
C25k week 1 day 4.
I have decided to start week one again.  For a program that is supposed to cater for anyone, week one is hard!  I have decided I preferred the motivation in Robert's podcast better than the beeps in the Podrunner podcast, although I have to say that it is slightly demoralising when he says after the sixth(?) run interval that you shouldn't be tired or out of breath... man, I'm almost collapsing on the ground by that stage!
After dinner we headed out as a family - my husband pushed the 2 year old in the pram.  Miss 5 decided that next time she should ride her bike instead of running because she found it difficult to keep up (she was doing better than me, but with a show-off husband/daddy who sprints off into the distance even while pushing a pram it made her a little reluctant).
I am happy to report that I managed to run at least half of all of the intervals (yay!).  I was pleasantly surprised with my efforts (which hubby attributes to his company) even though I wasn't moving as well as I would have liked.  I have noticed my Achilles (or some such muscle/tendon that runs up the back of your leg from you ankle) is really tight and doesn't allow me to run as freely as I first could but I am not letting that put me off.
I really enjoyed exercising as a family and we may have to make it a regular Monday night activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment