Monday, April 18, 2011

falling off the wagon and getting back on

Sunday, 17th April 20eleven.
C25k week 1 day 1.

I guess it's no surprise that with my lack of posts not too much fitness has been going on.  I have been walking a lot lately (about 20hrs so far this month) so I haven't totally been reverting to my old ways, and our eating is quite healthy too in comparison to the old-days.
Upon waking today I decided it was the perfect opportunity to lay in bed, but that would have achieved nothing, so I got up and put on my workout wear and headed out the door before I thought better of it.  It was chilly out considering I had a sleeveless top and 1/2 length pants on, but I soon warmed up when I started running.  Having been absent from running for the last 2 months I was sure I would struggle like that very first day, but surprisingly I seemed to pick up where I left off.  I think the walking helped maintain my new-found 'fitness'.
After the 5 minute walking warm up I managed to run the first 3 minute-long intervals completely (although it might have looked more like a shuffle at some points) the 4th I completed almost to the end (about 10 seconds to go), then the rest were half run/half walk.  Another thing I noticed was that my legs weren't hurting like they did in the early days, but rather it was my breathing that stopped me from running.  The cold air wasn't helping and I had a little phlegm in my throat that I wanted to cough up but couldn't so I was struggling to get my breath.
The weather is starting to become more like winter so I think that will become a challenge to me over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment