Monday, January 24, 2011

iRun 1.1

Thursday, 20th January 20eleven.
C25k week 1 day 1.

After dinner I synced my iPhone and put the week 1 podcast on it so I could receive my instructions while I was out and about.
I popped my iPhone in the inner pocket of my running pants where it was safe and headed out the door with my drink bottle full of water and ear plugs in my ears.
I think I may have overexerted myself in the 5 minute brisk walk warm-up because by the time the 5 minutes was up I was pretty puffed out.  I will remember that for next time.
When the instruction came to start my first 60 second run, I did and managed to jog for the entire 60 seconds.  For me that was a huge accomplishment.  I slowed down and focused on my breathing for the 90 second recovery, and when it was time to run again, I managed about 30 seconds of jogging before slowing back down to a brisk walk, focusing on my breathing.  I repeated this for the 4 next repetitions but had to skip the last 2 because I just couldn't run any more.  I skipped the podcast to the last chapter which was the cool down and continued walking for the last 5 minutes.
All up for my first session I completed 25 minutes out of 30, which I think is pretty good.
My aim for next time will to be to jog for a bit longer and push myself even when I think I can't do any more.
I will be continuing with week 1 until I have managed to complete the whole workout - so it will take me longer than 9 weeks to reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment